Monday 22 August 2016

How to enjoy a sunny day

We're reaching the end of summer, and after months of enjoying the great weather, the days are getting as boring as they are relaxing.
 
In an attempt to prevent this boredom, I made a list of things you can do which make the most of the warmer weather and pass the time.
 
Meet up with friends
This one isn't exactly rocket science, but it is so nice to keep in touch with your friends over the summer and a day spent with your friends is so much better than a day spent on your own. To be honest, I could spend the whole day listening to my friends telling me about their holidays, so it is a good way to pass the time if you're bored.
 
 
 

Go exploring
This is especially good if you're on holiday because you're even more likely to discover new things you never knew were in your neighbourhood. But if you're not on holiday you can still take a train to a town nearby or go for a drive to look for things you never noticed before. The photo above is from when I was on Lundy Island which is a tiny island off the north coast of Devon. It was such a small island we could walk around the whole thing and see every cave, lighthouse and shop there was to see.
Try a new sport
Be it something you were inspired by in the Rio Olympics or some extreme sport that you just want to try, doing a new sport is perfect for passing the time, improving your fitness and generally making you happier. Some sports you could try are:
Slacklining
Hiking
Climbing
Kayaking
Cycling  
 
 
Another idea is to have a BBQ or a picnic. These are just so summery and fun and I think a BBQ with our friends is the perfect way to spend a long summer evening. I recently discovered chickpea burgers which I think are delicious! --->mash a can of chickpeas, add a quarter of a can of sweetcorn, a quarter to half a chopped onion, a teaspoon of lemon juice, any herbs and spices you want (I like mixed herbs and paprika), a pinch of salt and combine it all. Then add flour until it all binds together. Use your hands to mould the mixture into 4 patties. You can fry, BBQ, grill or freeze them. I slightly adapted this recipe but for the original click here
 
And my final idea is to relax! I'm sure you've been doing plenty of this already but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway. Reading a book and getting tanned is one of my favourite ways to spend the summer holidays!
 
Have a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment