Thursday 31 March 2016

My workout today!


I didn't think I'd find myself writing a blog post about a workout I'd done because normally I would think it's not very interesting, but today's workout was something new that I hadn't tried before and I loved it and thought it was worth sharing.
 
The workout I did was from this blog post and it would be useful if you have a TRX band, two dumbbells, a skipping rope and a mat if you want one.
 
jump rope workout
 
I call it an "add on workout" because you do the first exercise, then the first exercise and the second exercise, then the first exercise and the second exercise and the third exercise and so on.
 
I had never tried this structure before, I only tried circuit training, Tabata and workouts where you don't repeat the exercises at all. I think add on workouts are my new favourite!
 
I love how it made the time pass so quickly ad never got boring. I wanted to keep going so I could try the next exercise. In this workout there is the perfect balance of cardio and strength training so it will help you get stronger while burning calories.
 
Another reason I'm a fan of add on workouts is because they are so adaptable. It's not unusual for people not to have a TRX band or a set of dumbbells lying around in their house, so if you don't want to go to the gym, you can just change the exercises. For example, you could swap TRX chest press for swimmers or push ups. It's so simple, I love it.
 
Of course, the reason I loved the workout so much could've just been because I wanted to test out our TRX band which I didn't know we had. Or it could've been because I did it outside in the sunshine (I had to make the most of it while it was there!). Either way, I recommend you try this type of workout.
 
Remember to cool down and drink water after every workout you do (:
 
Now here are some pictures:
Can we just take a moment to appreciate my new leggings... I got them for half price from Nike and  I am very excited about it.

 
Shoutout to Poppy (my dog) for not attacking me while I did my workout! Also, I am aware of the state of my hair, I just can't do anything about it.


A little post workout selfie including me looking like a tomato but enjoying endorphins anyway.


Here's me doing some bicycle crunches. Lovely.

 

A fascinating photo of some of my equipment. I hope you enjoy it.

 
Bonus photo of me and Poppy. Don't be fooled, she looks like she loves me but she is probably trying to bite my nose or something.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment