Monday 8 February 2016

15 days to a Healthier Lifestyle

We all want to be a bit more healthy, but we all find it very difficult to sustain, and we all wish it could be a bit easier. Maybe not everyone, but definitely me and a lot of people do.
 
To motivate myself and hopefully some of you, I have made a plan for healthy habits to try where you have a different one everyday. It's something a bit different but I think it will be easier than it seems because it is only a little change that you're making everyday and because everyday there is something new to try, it won't get boring or repetitive.
 
The aim really is to just help you and I have a go at trying little habits that will be good for us in the long term ( that's if we carry on doing them ) and hopefully we will find some of them really convenient, easy or fun so we will keep doing them.
 
So, my idea is that I will post on this blog and my Instagram everyday the healthy habit/thing that you need to try. Some of these will be exercise, some will be diet and some of them will just be to think a bit more and be aware. Sleep will also be included because sleep is so important to be a healthy, happy person.

I have come up with 15 ideas, so that's 15 days of trying new things. I'm getting excited!

Of course, everyone is different, some people might not be able to try everything in the challenge, for example I wouldn't expect someone in a wheelchair to go for a walk ( oh, a sneak peak at some of the habits in the challenge ;) but just do what you can and you will benefit anyway.

Please remember that the purpose of this is to help us to try new things that will make us healthier and that we enjoy that we hadn't discovered/given a go yet. Completing everyday of this challenge won't make you suddenly healthier, but it will make you more likely to be able to be more healthy because you'll know some more things that you can do.

You might notice that in the challenge a lot of the days are related to mental health and that's because I think that mental health is just as important as physical health ( if you aren't happy, what's the point in being healthy if you won't be happy about it anyway? ). Sometimes I think we just get caught up in our routine and end up going through the motions without stopping to think about how we feel about it all. Relaxation and reflection is something that your body needs as much as your mind, so that's why my challenge isn't just about physical health!

I'm really looking forward to trying this challenge (: it starts tomorrow... good luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment