Monday 22 February 2016

Healthy Habits Challenge: Day 14

Today I want you to:
 
Go for a walk!
 
You'd be surprised how good this will make you feel. Having a dog, I have motivation everyday to go for a walk because if I don't Poppy (my dog) will go crazy.
 
I get into a routine where I get home from school, have my lunch and quickly get some homework done. After that, I take Poppy out for a 20 minute walk across the fields, and by the end of it, school and homework feel like days ago. It makes me feel really relaxed and all of the stresses from the day are miles away.
 
Not only is it relaxing, it's physically good because it is exercise and gives you some fresh air. I find that when I get back I feel refreshed and not stressed at all so I can just relax for the evening. It's lovely.
 
Your walk could be 5 minutes to the coffee shop or an all day hike up a mountain. I live in the middle of nowhere in the countryside so my options for walking are always wet and muddy, but quiet and peaceful too. When I go a walk, it's just me and my dog and I have 20 minutes to just clear my mind and think for a bit.
 
I'm assuming you've gone for a walk before, but just for fun, go for another one today, you might enjoy it as much as I like walking.
Does anyone else find it really cute when dogs try and carry a stick that's bigger than them?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment